Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve closed landfill – drainage and capping upgrade
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise works to upgrade the existing surface drainage and landfill capping in Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve are now complete.
|Address||Northern section of the Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve|
|Project outcomes||Upgrade site drainage and install clay capping|
|Latest update||End of works - December 2019|
About the project
This project took place in the northern section of the Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve, located at 270 Upper Kedron Road, Upper Kedron, specifically the area surrounding the playground.
The works involved:
- constructing a concrete rock-lined and grassed open drain along the Upper Kedron Road side of the park
- constructing a rock-lined drain within the tree line near Cemetery Road
- upgrading the existing grass drain diverting the water away from the playground
- compaction and re-capping of the closed landfill (in the vicinity of the playground) with clay material
- reinstatement of topsoil and turf.
The playground, toilets and car park are now open for community use.
Following the upgrade works, there is a maintenance period to allow the turf to establish. The maintenance period is expected to end in early 2020, weather and site conditions permitting. Temporary barricading will be in place around the turfed area and rock-lined drain adjacent to the playground during this time.
Council thanks the community for their patience during the upgrade works.
If you would like more information about the Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve capping and surface drainage upgrade works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on (07) 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to:
Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve closed landfill management – drainage and capping upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.