Wakerley District Sports Park project - Wakerley
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Wakerley District Sports Park at 880 Manly Road, Wakerley, is now complete with the sporting facilities available for use.
|Address||880 Manly Road, Wakerley|
|Project outcomes||Provide increased sporting and active space facilities for Wakerley and surrounding Bayside suburbs|
About the project
Council is committed to creating more to see and do, enabling residents and visitors to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful parks and sport and recreation facilities.
The new high-quality sporting precinct provides increased sporting and active space facilities for Wakerley and surrounding Bayside suburbs.
The project forms part of a citywide park infrastructure planning program to meet sport and recreation needs in the community.
The park features include:
- a sporting clubhouse within the lower storey of the Wynnum and Manly District Meals on Wheels Association Inc. building
- six hardstand netball courts with lighting
- one turf practice area
- a car park extension with a total of 135 car parking spaces, including accessible parking bays, four motorcycle parking bays and bicycle parking racks
- a connecting shared pedestrian and cyclist pathway
- a water retention basin to treat stormwater runoff
- retaining walls and landscaping.
Council worked closely with Meals on Wheels to deliver the new commercial kitchen facility, which also houses the sporting clubhouse leased by Council.
- Wakerley District Sports Park project plan (PDF - 2.2Mb)
- Wakerley District Sports Park project plan (Word - 1.4Mb).
Construction started in late June 2019 and is now complete.
If you would like to find out more about the Wakerley District Sports Park project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Wakerley District Sports Park project team
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.