Shaw Road landfill remediation and lighting replacement project - Wavell Heights
Brisbane City Council has completed the Shaw Road landfill remediation and lighting replacement project at Wavell Heights.
|Address||Shaw Road rugby fields, Wavell Heights|
|Project outcomes||Upgrade the sport and recreation facilities in the park to provide safer and improved facilities for the sporting and local community|
Construction is complete
About the project
- compacting and capping the existing closed landfill
- regrading the rugby field
- installing irrigation, drainage, topsoil and sports field grade turf and collapsible goal posts
- upgrading the existing lighting infrastructure to LED lights in compliance with basic sports field playing standards
- constructing a ramp to the car park that is in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- reinstating the existing public address system.
The field lighting was replaced to meet the basic standard required for night practice, with capacity for further improvements in the future.
The works upgraded the sport and recreation facilities in the park to provide safer and improved facilities for the sporting and local community.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Shaw Road rugby field closed landfill remediation and lighting replacement project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the projects team
- write to:
Shaw Road rugby field closed landfill remediation and lighting replacement project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.