Davies Park improvement project - West End
Brisbane City Council has completed the construction of the Davies Park improvement project.
The improvements are part of Council's commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, and making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
|Address||Davies Park, West End|
|Project outcomes||Revitalise Davies Park to improve recreation opportunities and publicly accessible areas|
Construction now complete
About the project
Davies Park is a much-loved, six-hectare green space in West End. The park has been providing sport and recreation opportunities for the community for more than 100 years.
Council undertook park improvements at Davies Park to enhance the park's existing leisure and recreation opportunities for residents and visitors.
The project delivered park improvements that:
- increase accessible green space
- accommodate existing community lease activities in the park
- promote a sense of community and celebrate its cultural heritage
- increase the recreational use of the park.
The works included:
- partially removing and reshaping existing mounts to create new green spaces and improve vistas through the park
- building a new multi-use games area including some skateable elements
- reconstruction and resurfacing part of the internal park roadway
- installing drainage to reduce flooding in the park
- replacing the existing sand volleyball courts with a multi-use hard court and gravel surface
- new shade trees and landscaping
- a new and accessible toilet block with six cubicles
- two drinking fountains and five park seats.
Council thanks the local community for their patience and understanding while the construction works were completed.
If you have any questions or would like more information, you can:
- phone the project’s information line on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council outside of business hours on 07 3403 8888.
- email the City Projects team.