Wishart Community Park project - Wishart
Brisbane City Council has upgraded Wishart Community Park, Wishart.
This upgrade was part of Council's commitment to:
- creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great
- enhancing and maintaining more than 2100 parks across the city.
|Address||Wishart Community Park, 106a Kavanagh Road, Wishart|
|Project outcomes||Delivered new playground facilities, shaped by the local community, to provide family-friendly opportunities for activity and relaxation in Wishart Community Park|
|Latest update||Project completed mid-July 2020|
About the project
The upgrade provided new family-friendly recreation opportunities at the park by installing:
- a new playground, including a multi-play unit, climbing equipment, spinner, rocker, swings, cubby house
- carved posts and sandstone steppers
- a picnic table with shelter
- shade structures
- shade tree and low landscaping planting
- a connecting path to the car park.
Playground materials and colours are based on a nature theme to complement the natural landscape of the site.
Construction started in late March 2020 and was completed in mid-July 2020.
If you would like to find out more about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Wishart Community Park upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.