For an image to be eligible for judging in the Lord Mayor's Photographic Awards 2020, it must be:
- taken within the Brisbane local government area on or after 1 September 2019
- watermark free; and
- the work of the entrant.
Permission must be sought for any people in the photo. For more information, visit the Arts Law Centre of Australia website.
Other general requirements
To be eligible you must:
- live, work or study in the Brisbane Local Government Area and be able to provide proof of this if requested
- not be a Council employee, including its contractors
- not be an immediate family member of:
- an employee of Brisbane City Council’s Connected Communities Branch
- the Lord Mayor
- a member of the judging panel.
Read all the terms and conditions.
Additional eligibility conditions apply for the following prize categories.
- You must be currently studying at a registered educational institution within the Brisbane local government area. If requested, entrants must provide proof of their current student status.
Green Heart category:
- Share what you love about Brisbane's natural environment. Your entry must not include any pest or invasive flora or fauna listed on Council’s website.
Social media category:
- Upload your photo to Instagram using the hashtag #LMPA2020, then visit Council’s website to complete the entry form. Your account must be set to public for the duration of the competition.