Categories and prizes for the Lord Mayor's Photographic Awards
There were six categories in this year's Lord Mayor's Photographic Awards, including the People's Choice Award.
- Open category - open to all ages.
- Student category - you must be currently studying at a registered educational institution within Brisbane LGA.
- Social Media category - upload your image to Instagram using the hashtag #LMPA2021.
- Green Heart category - share what you love about our natural environment.
- LaVonne Bobongie Award - you must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
People's Choice Award
From the incredible number of entries received this year, the Lord Mayor has shortlisted 25 photos that are eligible for the People's Choice Award.
It is now up to you to vote for the photo you feel best captures how local Brisbane life just keeps getting better.
Voting closes at 4pm on Thursday 7 October 2021. The winner will be announced at the Lord Mayor's Photographic Awards ceremony on Wednesday 20 October 2021.
All category entrants were considered for inclusion in the People's Choice Award.
LaVonne Bobongie Award
This year we introduced the LaVonne Bobongie Award in recognition of LaVonne’s contribution to Brisbane as an artist and advocate of First Nations Country, community, and identity.
LaVonne was actively involved in her community, as a photographer, artist and mentor to young people.
LaVonne worked with Brisbane City Council for the past seven years, as a producer, photographer and master of ceremonies for Council’s Gathering program at Queen Street Mall, and in 2020, LaVonne was on the judging panel for the Lord Mayor’s Photographic Awards.
There eight cash prizes in 2021 were:
- Open category - $5000.
- Open category first runner-up - $2000.
- Open category second runner-up - $1000.
- Green Heart category - $1500.
- Student category - $1500.
- Social Media category - $1500
- LaVonne Bobongie Award - $1500
- People's Choice Award - $1500.