Outdoor Gallery - Augmented Reality Treasure Hunt competition - terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions set out all the information regarding the Brisbane City Council - Outdoor Gallery Augmented Reality Treasure Hunt competition (the Terms and Conditions).
- The Augmented Reality Treasure Hunt (the Treasure Hunt) competition will be delivered in two parts, the:
- overall competition where entrants will be able to enter the competition at any time during the relevant competition period in accordance with the specific terms and conditions for the overall competition (the Overall Competition); and
- race competition where entrants must enter the competition at specific times to be involved in that race in accordance with the specific terms and conditions for the race competition (the Race Competition).
- Entrants who enter the Race Competition, will also be eligible to enter the Overall Competition, provided they comply with the specific terms and conditions for the Overall Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 022 765 795, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (Council).
- Information on how to participate in this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
- participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of the EyeJack mobile application terms and conditions of use available at https://eyejackapp.com/pages/terms and privacy terms available at https://eyejackapp.com/pages/privacy; and
- this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with EyeJack.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Overall Competition or Race Competition a person must:
- be at least 16 years of age or, if under the age of 16, have the supervision of a parent or legal guardian during participation in the competition;
- not be an employee or contracted staff of Council; and
- comply with either the Overall Competition Specific Terms and Conditions or the Race Specific Terms and Conditions (whichever is applicable).
- No liability of Council: Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Overall Prize or Race Prize. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition, or acceptance or use of the Overall Prize or Race Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Overall Prize or Race Prize (as applicable).
- Important - Copyright and privacy consent: By entering this competition, the entrant consents to:
- their personal information being transferred outside of Australia
- their personal information being collected, stored and used by Council for the purpose of:
- this competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- measuring cultural engagement with statistical information collected as part of Art Queensland Open Air Grant Acquittal
- the dated collected while using the EyeJack mobile application (with all personal information removed) being transferred to Arts Queensland as part of the Arts Queensland Air Grant Acquittal for the purpose of measuring cultural engagement.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason the Overall Competition or Race Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Council), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Council may in its absolute discretion cancel the Overall Competition or Race Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the Overall Competition or Race Competition at any time without notice.
- The competition period: The Overall Competition opens at 10:00am AEST on Sunday 21 March 2021 and closes at 10:00pm AEST on Sunday 18 April 2021.
- Prize: There is one $150 gift voucher to the Museum of Brisbane Store available to be won for the Overall Competition (the Overall Prize).
Any additional expenses incurred by the Overall Prize winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Overall Prize winner. The Overall Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Overall Prize itself may be subject to the specific terms and conditions of the Overall Prize provider.
- How to Enter: To enter this Overall Competition, entrants must:
- download the EyeJack mobile application available at https://eyejackapp.com/ or through the Apple App store or Google Play Store (the EyeJack App); and
- attend Brisbane City Council’s Outdoor Gallery (the Outdoor Gallery) and complete the Treasure Hunt throughout by unlocking 6 augmented reality (AR) artworks. An AR artwork can be unlocked by holding your smartphone camera, while the Eye Jack App is open, in front of the artwork and watching it come to life.
Once all 6 AR artworks have been unlocked you will have the opportunity to enter into a draw to win a $150 gift voucher to the Museum of Brisbane Shop by entering and submitting your details.
Entrants can enter the Overall Competition more than once, however if an entrant enters the Race Competition, all subsequent entries on the day they enter the Race Competition will be deemed invalid.
In order to enter the Overall Competition more than once, entrants will be required to uninstall and reinstall the EyeJack App before going through the steps noted in this condition 15.
- Competition draw: The winner of the Overall Competition will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn by a Council officer at 10:00am AEST on Wednesday 21 April 2021. The decision of that officer shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize claim: The first 100 eligible entrants to attend the Museum of Brisbane Shop after successfully completing the Treasure Hunt and entering and submitting their details for the Race Competition within the relevant Race Period will be able to collect a Race Prize from a Council officer.
- Competition Period: There are three time periods to enter into the Race Competition:
- Sunday 21 March 2021 from 10.00am AEST to 1.00pm AEST (Race 1);
- Friday 26 March 2021 from 12.00pm AEST to 3.00pm AEST (Race 2); and
- Saturday 10 April 2021 from 2.00pm AEST to 5.00pm AEST (Race 3), (each a Race Period)
- Prize: The Race Competition has the following prizes available:
- 100 limited edition artwork prints by artist Phoebe Paradise;
- 100 limited edition artwork prints by artist Julia Scott Green; and
- 100 limited edition artwork prints by artist Jordan Azcune,
for Race 1, Race 2 and Race 3 respectively (each a Race Prize).
Any additional expenses incurred by a Race Prize winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of that Race Prize winner. A Race Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- How to Enter: To enter the Race Competition, entrants must:
- download the EyeJack App; and
- attend the Outdoor Gallery during one of the Race Periods and complete the Treasure Hunt throughout by unlocking 6 augmented reality (AR) artworks. An AR artwork can be unlocked by holding your smartphone camera, while the EyeJack App is open, in front of the artwork and watching it come to life.
Once all 6 AR artworks have been unlocked you will receive a confirmation email confirming you have successfully completed the Treasure Hunt.
Entrants can only enter the Race Competition during each Race Period once, any subsequent entries by the same entrant for the same Race Period will be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Council.
- Prize claim: The first 100 eligible entrants to attend the location advised in the confirmation emails after successfully entering the Race Competition within the relevant Race Period will be able to collect a Race Prize from a Council officer.