Murarrie Recreation Hub - Murrarie
Find out about Brisbane City Council's Murrarie Recreation Hub project.
Council is committed to:
- improving access to the Brisbane River for residents and visitors
- promoting an active and healthy lifestyle by encouraging greater use of the city’s recreational facilities
- enhancing the attraction offered by the Brisbane River as a recreational and tourist destination.
|Address||Metroplex Avenue Park, 69 Metroplex Avenue, Murarrie|
|Project outcomes||Improve access to the Brisbane River and encourage greater use of recreational facilities.|
About the project
The Murarrie Recreation Hub is part of Council’s River Access Network, which aims to encourage recreation and tourism activities on the river and create new lifestyle and leisure opportunities.
Once completed, the facility will be able to accommodate a range of vessels and uses including:
- launching and short-term use of passive crafts such as kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards
- short-term use for recreational vessels
- potential future water taxi pick-up and drop-off point
- a rest point or destination within a network of other public pontoons.
The proposed design incorporates flood resilience features, and lighting.
Access to this facility is off 69 Metroplex Avenue in Murarrie through a shared footpath through the park.
The area is expanding with new development and the facility will not only be a link in the River Access Network but will also provide a key access point for river users to access local amenities.
Following investigations in late 2018, Council advised that the location at Metroplex Avenue Park in Murarrie will provide the greatest level of accessibility for users, while having minimal impacts on the surrounding environment.
Council has completed the concept design and construction is anticipated to start late 2019.
Council is committed to keeping the local community informed and will provide more information as the project progresses.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Murrarie Recreation Hub:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Murrarie Recreation Hub
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.