River Access Network
Brisbane City Council is committed to improving access to the Brisbane River for residents and visitors. Council has successfully completed new river and recreation hubs at City Botanic Gardens, Dutton Park, Murarrie, Northshore Hamilton and West End. A booking system is in place for commercial operators using the City Botanic Gardens and New Farm River Hubs.
City Botanic Gardens Riverwalk & River Hub
The riverwalk includes a two-way, separated cyclist and pedestrian pathway. The river hub provides new multi-purpose river-based infrastructure to accommodate a range of vessels.
Murarrie Recreation Hub
The Murarrie Recreation Hub is now open for public use and accommodates a range of vessels and uses.
New Farm Park River Hub
With the opening of this river hub, residents, tourists and businesses will benefit from increased access to New Farm Park whether it be via a tour operator, water taxi, private boat or morning kayak.
West End Recreation Hub
This hub is now open for public use and provides an additional river access point for this popular recreational area and a new way for tourists and residents to access the area and local businesses.
River Access Network map
Read the alternative text for the River Access Network map
The image shows an artist impression of the Brisbane River, extending from Murarrie at the top of the page to Dutton Park at the bottom. The image is labelled ‘Hub Network’ and shows the six river hub locations along this stretch of the Brisbane River as part of the River Access Network.
Each of the six river hub locations includes small circular icons to indicate the facilities provided at each hub. From east to west, the river hubs include:
- Murarrie Recreation Hub – passive craft short-term use and recreational craft short-term use.
- Northshore Hamilton Recreation Hub – passive craft-term use and recreational craft short-term use.
- New Farm Park River Hub – tour boat pick-up and drop-off, water taxi pick-up and drop-off, passive craft short-term use, recreational craft short-term use.
- City Botanic Gardens River Hub - tour boat pick-up and drop-off, water taxi pick-up and drop-off, passive craft short-term use, recreational craft short-term use.
- West End Recreation Hub - passive craft-term use and recreational craft short-term use.
- Dutton Park Recreation Hub - passive craft-term use and recreational craft short-term use.
Other suburbs shown on the image include; Bulimba, Woolloongabba, St Lucia and Toowong.
View a larger version of this map in PDF format.
To find out more about the River Access Network, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
River Access Network
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.