Skate park projects
Brisbane City Council provides a range of skate facilities for residents to enjoy Brisbane’s lifestyle and leisure opportunities. Skate facilities also play an important role in our active, healthy city and Council’s dedication to creating a place where people of all ages feel welcome.
New skate facilities and skate park upgrades completed in recent years include:
- Ashgrove Skate Spot, Dorrington Park - completed early August 2018
- Balmoral Youth Space, Quinn’s Street Park - completed March 2018
- Grovely Skate Spot, Fihelly Street Park - completed June 2018
- Inala Skate Park, D.J Sherrington Park - lighting and footpath upgrade completed November 2017
- Murarrie Skate Park upgrade, Murarrie Recreation Reserve - completed April 2018
- Paddo Skate Bowl upgrade, Neal Macrossan Playground Park - stage two completed in July 2017.
Construction of the Paddington, Inala, Ashgrove and Grovely skate facilities were jointly funded by Council and the Queensland Government.
Council is currently delivering a new skate facility at Primrose Park, Wynnum West.
Community engagement was undertaken through community reference groups and drop-in information kiosks at each facility for residents to provide feedback and have their say on the concept plans.