Primrose Park skate facility - Wynnum West
Brisbane City Council commenced works in late September 2019 to build a new skate facility in Primrose Park at 2280 Wynnum Road, Wynnum West.
The skate facility is part of Council's commitment to create new lifestyle and leisure opportunities and deliver vibrant, liveable communities. The new skate facility will cater for diverse riders ranging from young children and beginners to professional riders and will be free to use.
The project is expected to take four months to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting.
About the project
The project works include:
- installation of a new skate facility (approximately 500 square metres)
- relocation of the existing rebound wall to another area in the park
- installation of plants around the skate park to provide shade and amenity for users
- minor landscaping works to tie the new facility into the existing park.
The skate facility will involve minimum earthworks. It is designed to fit into the existing embankment and will not require the removal of any established trees.
Council thanks the community for their feedback on the skate facility design. The concept plan has been updated to:
- increase usability of skate elements
- improve lines of movement through the facility.
Download the detailed design plan in your preferred format:
- Primrose Park skate facility project plan (PDF - 5.5Mb)
- Primrose Park skate facility project plan (Word - 538kb).
Construction will take place between 7am-5pm, Monday to Saturday, weather permitting.
During construction, the local community may experience low-level construction noise and potentially some dust. Due to workplace health and safety requirements, reversing beepers cannot be switched off. Every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the local community during works.
Fencing is in place around the construction site while work is completed. Outside the construction area, Primrose Park will remain open. All facilities, except the existing rebound wall and basketball half court, will remain available for park users. Safe pedestrian and cyclist access around the site and along pathways will be maintained during construction.
Council is committed to keeping the local community informed about construction in their area and will provide advance notification of out-of-hours activities.
Traffic impacts are not expected as a result of this project. However, traffic controllers will be onsite when required during construction to ensure a safe road environment for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Council apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused by this project and thanks residents and visitors for your patience while these works are undertaken.
If you have questions or want more information about his project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Primrose Park skate facility project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.