Close to 10,000 adults and children have fine-tuned their digital skills and confidence at Tech Connect workshops at Brisbane City Council libraries. Is it time you upskilled?
Our Tech Connect program offers free technology workshop sessions for people wanting to grow their digital skills, knowledge and confidence. There are small-group workshops and one-on-one tech sessions - so learn with others, or get individual attention to troubleshoot your tech issues.
No matter what your level of tech-spertise, there's a workshop for you. From computer basics to streaming TV online, podcasting to buying and selling online, there's plenty of Tech Connect choice.
Discover the basics
If you're new to technology and need a helping hand to get started, here are the sessions for you. Learn the basics in a safe and supported environment and be tech savvy in no time.
- Computer basics - Get comfortable with finding your way around a Windows computer. This one is perfect for first-time users.
- Email basics - Learn how to reply and send emails, create contacts and more. While basic computer and internet skills are required, you'll walk away ready to connect with friends and family via email.
- Smart phone and tablet basics - Be guided through the basic features of smart phones and iPads. Bring your own device to these workshops.
Explore the possibilities
If you've found your groove and are ready to level up, these workshops will build on the basics and give you the skills to make the most of the internet.
- Buying and selling preloved items online - If you're looking to declutter this is the workshop for you. Learn how to buy and sell goods safely online.
- Brain training - Keep your mind moving with online puzzles, language, maths, art and coding. BYO imagination!
- Library e-books and downloads - Discover all the free online resources available at Council libraries. Walk away knowing read, listen or watch your favourite online library content including e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and music. You'll need to bring your own device (smart phone, computer or tablet) and be a library member. It's free to sign up to join the library!
Ready to take your skills to the next level
If digital is your second language, you'll love these workshops that have been designed to challenge and build your skills.
- Introduction to Canva - This free online design tool has fast become an asset to many. Learn how to make the most of Canva to design logos, flyers, posters and more.
- Podcasting - If you've got a great idea, our introduction to podcasting workshops can help you craft your story and get it on the air. Learn how to use our podcasting equipment and get started recording your own material.
- Media conversion station - Digitise your memories using our media conversion stations at Carindale Library and Chermside Library. Bring a USB stick or portable hard drive to save your files.