Brisbane Metro elements
Brisbane City Council is building a greater transport network to get you home quicker and safer. Brisbane Metro will be a key part of this network and be delivered through five key elements.
- a new underground Cultural Centre station
- Victoria Bridge converted into a ‘green’ bridge
- a new tunnel under Adelaide Street
- modifications and upgrades to existing stations
- a new depot facility for the Metro vehicle fleet.
- a new fleet of up to 60 Metro vehicles
- capacity for up to 150 passengers
- approximately 25 metres long
- low floor design and at least four large doors for quicker boarding.
- dynamic vehicle bay allocation system
- real-time vehicle location and travel updates
- passenger information displays.
- ticketing improvements to speed up boarding
- all door alighting and boarding
- reduced vehicle dwell times.
- two new Metro lines
- Metro servicing 18 stations
- interchange at 11 locations
- complement Cross River Rail with interchanges at Boggo Road station and Roma Street station.
For more information about the features and benefits of Brisbane Metro: