Guyatt Park ferry terminal upgrade
Brisbane City Council has successfully completed an upgrade to the Guyatt Park ferry terminal as part of Council's commitment to deliver Australia’s most modern public transport.
|Address||Guyatt Park, Hiron Street, St Lucia|
|Project outcome||The upgraded ferry terminal will feature improved accessibility for all passengers and increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand.|
Construction to be completed and facility to be opened from 7 December 2019.
Download the latest project newsletter:
About the project
Council identified the Guyatt Park ferry terminal as requiring an upgrade to being the terminal in line with accessibility standards and to increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand.
Council’s ferry terminal upgrade program has committed more than $70 million over the next four years to upgrade existing ferry terminals. These upgrades ensure everyone can enjoy Council’s CityCat and CityFerry services.
These upgrades will make the terminal safer and easier to use for all passengers. A variety of features will be integrated to assist with accessibility. Features include easily accessible timetables and help points.
Construction of the terminal involved:
- dismantling and removing the exiting pontoon and gangway
- installing new pylons
- constructing a new gangway and flood resistant, dual berthing pontoon
- constructing a fully shaded entry area
- refurbishing and repurposing the existing passenger waiting area to be a partly shaded viewing platform
- installing new terminal signs
- improving lighting and safety features
- improved accessible shared path on approach to the terminal
- bicycle parking facilities.
Council thanks the local community for their patience and understanding during construction.
A new CityCat timetable will commence from Monday 9 December 2019, including minor changes to the SpeedyCat timetable. For more timetable information, visit the Translink website or phone 13 12 30.
For more information about the Guyatt Park ferry terminal upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Ferry Infrastructure team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.