Active School Travel – Bicycle Rack competition - Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council – Active School Travel – Bicycle Rack competition (the Terms and Conditions).
- The promoter of this competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (Council).
- Information on how to participate in this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition period: There are four competition periods.
(a) The first competition period opens at 09:00am AEST on Monday 1 February 2021 and closes at 4:00pm AEST on Monday 15 March 2021 (Competition Period 1).
(b) The second competition period opens 09:00am AEST on Monday 19 April 2021 and closes 4:00pm AEST on Monday 7 June 2021 (Competition Period 2).
(c) The third competition period opens at 9:00am AEST on Monday 12 July 2021 and closes at 4:00pm on Monday 30 August 2021 (Competition Period 3).
(d) The fourth competition period opens at 9:00am AEST on Tuesday 5 October 2021 and closes at 4:00pm on Monday 22 November 2021 (Competition Period 4).
- Prize details: There are two (2) prizes available to be won for each competition period (eight prizes total). Each prize consists of one (1) bicycle storage rack valued at $440 for use at the winning school (the Prize).
Any additional expenses incurred by the Prize winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, an entrant must:
(a) be a Queensland Independent, Catholic, or state school currently participating in Council’s Active School Travel program; and
(b) not have previously won a Prize in this competition.
A school may only enter this competition once and subsequent entries will be deemed ineligible. Non-winning entries will be rolled over into the next competition period.
- How to Enter: To enter this competition, entrants must:
(a) submit at least one photograph of their bicycle storage facility in use; and
(b) regularly submit Active School Travel monthly statistics in accordance with the Active School Travel program, to the Active School Travel team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council may request additional photographic evidence showing the entrants’ bicycle storage facility. Failure to provide such evidence upon request may deem an entry ineligible.
- Prize selection: A Council officer will select two Prize winners per competition period from eligible entries. The Prize winners in each competition period will be the two schools that the Council officer determines as in need of more bicycle storage and having a substantial percentage of students that ride a bicycle to school.
(a) For Competition Period 1, the Prize winners will be selected at 12:00pm AEST on Tuesday 16 March 2021.
(b) For Competition Period 2, the Prize winners will be selected at 12:00pm AEST on Tuesday 8 June 2021.
(c) For Competition Period 3, the Prize winners will be selected at 12:00pm AEST on Tuesday 31 August 2021.
(d) For Competition Period 4, the Prize winners will be selected at 12:00pm AEST on Tuesday 23 November 2021.
The decision of that officer shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: The Prize winners will be notified by a Council officer in the Active School Travel team via phone or nominated Active School Travel email address by 4:00pm AEST on the day that the Prize selection takes place for the relevant competition period as in clause 9.
- Prize Claim and re-draw: Winners must claim the Prize by responding to the email or phone call received with the requested details by 12:00pm AEST on:
(a) For Competition Period 1, Wednesday 17 March 2021;
(b) For Competition Period 2, Wednesday 9 June 2021;
(c) For Competition Period 3, Wednesday 1 September 2021; and
(d) For Competition Period 4, Wednesday 23 November 2021.
If the Prize is not claimed by the relevant competition period Prize claim date, an officer of Council will re-draw the Prize until a contactable winner has been located and the Prize is claimed.
- Prize delivery: For each relevant competition period, Prizes will be delivered to the winning schools. It is the responsibility of each winning school to arrange and finance installation.
- Acknowledgement: The winner of the Prize must acknowledge Council’s Active School Travel program in parent community communications via any newsletter articles and social media posts.
- No Liability: Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition, acceptance of the Prize or use of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Privacy consent: By entering this competition, the entrant acknowledges and consents to the name of their school being collected and stored by Council for the purpose of this competition.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cases beyond the control of Council), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Council may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Competition updates or cancellation: Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice.