Active School Travel TRACTION bikes for schools competition terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for the Active School Travel TRACTION bikes for schools competition.
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council Active School Travel TRACTION bikes for schools competition (the Terms and Conditions).
- Information on how to enter this program forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of the program is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 (Council) acting through its Transport Planning and Operations branch whose principal office is at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
- Prizes: There are three (3) prizes available to be won for this competition, each prize comprising of six (6) bicycles built by not-for-profit organisation TRACTION (each a Prize).
The Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the Prize winners, other than those outlined in these competition Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Prize winner.
Prizes are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the Prize provider. The Prize must be redeemed by the Prize winner.
- The competition period: The competition will open at 8am AEST on Monday 24 August 2020 and will close at 11.59pm AEST on Friday 18 September 2020. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- How to enter: To enter, an eligible school as outlined in condition 8, must write a statement of 100 words or less outlining:
- how the school will benefit from receiving the Prize; and
- how the Prize will be used, and submit this to Council via email to email@example.com or to a Council officer in the Active School Travel team.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, entrants must:
a) be a primary school currently participating in Council’s Active School Travel program;
b) be located in the Brisbane local government area and, if requested, be able to provide evidence of such location; and
c) not have, as a member on the school’s Active School Travel committee, an individual who is an employee of Council (including its contracted staff), or an individual who is the immediate family member of an employee of Council (including its contracted staff).
- Competition Draw: A Council officer will select three (3) winners from eligible entries at 9am AEST on Friday 2 October 2020. That decision shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email or phone by a Council officer by 5pm AEST on Friday 9 October 2020
- Prize claim and Prize re-draw: Winners must claim the Prize by responding to the email or phone call received with the requested details by 5pm AEST on Friday 16 October 2020. If the Prize is not claimed, Council will re-draw the winner until a contactable winner has been located and the Prize is claimed.
- Prize Delivery: Once the Prizes are claimed, Council will contact the winning schools via email and arrange for the Prize to be delivered to the school address.
- No Liability of Council: Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prizes. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the Prize. This condition is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Privacy: By entering this competition, the entrant acknowledges and consents to the school name and email address being stored and used by:
- Council, for purposes relating to the Active School Travel program and to facilitate this competition; and
- the Prize provider for delivery purposes, if an entrant is drawn as a Prize winner.
- This information will be kept in line with Council's privacy statement which can be viewed online.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Council), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this program, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the program. Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any entrant responsible directly or indirectly for tampering with, or who benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the program.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, Council may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Competition updates or cancellation: Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.