School Traffic Management Plans Recognition Program - terms and conditions
Read the terms and conditions for the School Traffic Management Plans Recognition Program.
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of the competition terms and conditions.
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter of the competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 (‘Council’) acting through Transport Planning and Operations branch whose principal office is at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
- Prizes: There are fifteen (15) prize packs, each including one fence banner.
The prize is not exchangeable or transferable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these competition terms and conditions, are the responsibility of the prize winner. Prizes are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the prize providers. The prize must be redeemed by the prize winner only.
- The competition period: The competition will open at 8am on Tuesday 23 April 2019 and will close at 11.59pm on Monday 2 December 2019.
- How to enter: Any school that meets the eligibility requirements in condition 7 will be automatically entered into the competition.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, a school must:
- fully complete a school traffic management plan;
- not have an employee or contracted staff of the prize provider on the school committee responsible for completing the traffic management plan;
- be located in the local government area of the City of Brisbane and, if requested, be able to provide evidence of such location; and
- not have an employee, immediate family member, or contracted staff of Brisbane City Council involved on the school committee responsible for completing the traffic management plan.
- Competition Draw: Five winners will be randomly drawn each school term by a Council Officer. A total of 15 prize winners will be drawn in 2019. Competition winners will be drawn on the following dates each school term in 2019:
- Term 2 competition draw: Monday 17 June 2019
- Term 3 competition draw: Monday 9 September 2019
- Term 4 competition draw: Monday 2 December 2019
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email by or phone by a Council Officer and the prize will be posted to the winning school’s address.
- No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize.
- Privacy: First name, last name and email addresses of contacts from the relevant schools will only be used by the Promoter to contact the prize-winning school. The Promoter’s privacy statement can be viewed online at www.brisbane.qld.gov.au.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any entrant responsible directly or indirectly for tampering with, or who benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.