Boardwalk rehabilitation projects
Brisbane City Council has identified a number of riverwalks around Brisbane that require works to:
- enhance the life of the structures
- ensure they remain safe and serviceable, without restrictions, for users.
These projects are part Council’s commitment to improving the quality of life for residents while ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
The following boardwalks have been, or will be, rehabilitated by Council:
- Bretts Wharf Riverwalk, Hamilton
- C.T. White Park Lookout, Kangaroo Point
- Mariners Reach Riverwalk, Newstead
Impacts during construction
Council is committed to keeping the local community informed and will provide advance notification closer to the start of construction of these projects. Where possible, Council will endeavour to keep the riverwalks open for public use during construction, but there may be occasions where temporary closures are required. Council will ensure detour signage is onsite to notify of any closures.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions, or find out more about the riverwalk rehabilitation projects:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Boardwalk Rehabilitation Projects team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.