Cabbage Tree Creek bikeway bridge maintenance works - Deagon
Brisbane City Council will be undertaking important maintenance works to the bikeway bridge that crosses Cabbage Tree Creek, near Depot Road at Deagon.
Works are required to ensure the ongoing structural integrity of the bikeway bridge and continued safety for all users.
|Address||Cabbage Tree Creek, near Depot Road, Deagon|
|Project outcomes||Increased lifespan of structure and ongoing safety for all users|
Start of construction
About the project
Works will include:
- installing scaffolding under and around the bikeway bridge
- cutting existing concrete deck slab and kerb at each expansion joint
- raising the deck level using fabricated supporting frames and hydraulics
- removing old mortar pads
- installing new concrete mortar pads
- reinstating the deck and kerbs
- reinstating expansion joint seals.
Access across the bikeway bridge is expected to be maintained during construction, site conditions permitting. A traffic controller will be in place to ensure the safe use of the bikeway bridge during work hours between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Pedestrians and cyclists will be required to follow signage and cyclists will be required to dismount during work hours.
Cyclists and pedestrians may experience some construction impacts including:
- temporary ramping
- reduced lanes and lane width
- traffic management including the use of stop and go movements
- construction vehicle movements with reversing alarms and flashing lights
- short delays to facilitate vehicle movements
- construction noise.
Outside of work hours, limited access to the bikeway bridge will be maintained and cyclists will not need to dismount, however will be required to follow signage including reduced speed and careful riding behaviours during the changed conditions.
Signage will be in place to direct pedestrians and cyclists throughout the duration of these works.
Construction is scheduled to start late June 2020 and is anticipated to be complete late September 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
For more information about the Cabbage Tree Creek bikeway bridge maintenance works, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.