Jim Soorley Bikeway bridge maintenance works - Nundah
Brisbane City Council has completed important maintenance works to the bridge located on the Jim Soorley Bikeway, Nundah.
|Address||Jim Soorley Bikeway, Nundah|
|Project outcomes||Increased lifespan of structure and ongoing safety for all users|
|Latest update||Works complete, bridge reopened|
About the project
Maintenance works included:
- trimming overhanging mangroves to one metre away from the bridge
- cleaning and repairing deteriorated elements and components
- stripping and repainting the entire structure
- replacing timber decking and oiling.
Following a period of closure, the bikeway bridge has been reopened for all users. A temporary walkway installed to maintain access during construction has now been removed.
This project commenced in early June 2020 and was completed in early July 2020.
For more information about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001