Old Sandgate Road bridge removal and footpath connection project - Virginia
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that works to remove the Old Sandgate Road bridge and construct a new footpath connection in Virginia is now complete.
|Address||Old Sandgate Road, Virginia|
|Project outcomes||Improve safety and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists|
|Latest update||Project complete - November 2020|
About the project
The existing concrete bridge was built in 1926, and had reached the end of its serviceable lifespan. In order to maintain a safe pedestrian crossing, the bridge was removed and an alternative footpath connection was constructed along Sandgate Road.
The works began in September 2020 and involved:
- construction of new footpath along Sandgate Road
- installation of new guard rail
- removal of the bridge structure including the piers and abutments
- vegetation clearing required for the removal of the bridge structure
- creek bank stabilisation and landscaping works
Council would like to thank the local community for their patience and understanding while these important works were completed.
The bridge removal and footpath connection will improve the safety and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Old Sandgate Road bridge removal and footpath connection project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Old Sandgate Road bridge removal and footpath connection project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.