Vulture Street East pedestrian safety improvements, East Brisbane
Brisbane City Council has completed works to install a signalised pedestrian crossing on Vulture Street East, near Withington Street. The project will improve safety and connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists.
|Address||Vulture Street East, East Brisbane|
|Project outcomes||Improved pedestrian safety and connectivity|
Project complete – June 2021
About the project
Vulture Street East in East Brisbane was identified as a location in the local road network requiring works to improve motorist and pedestrian safety.
The upgrade addresses concerns raised by the community about pedestrian safety and connectivity in the area by providing a safe pedestrian crossing facility on Vulture Street East. This location was chosen due to its close proximity to Norman Street and local schools, and its proximity to other crossing locations in the area.
This project is jointly funded between Brisbane City Council and the Queensland State Government under the Unite and Recover Community Stimulus Package.
The project involved:
- installing a new signalised pedestrian crossing on Vulture Street East near the intersection with Withington Street
- building out the kerb on the southern side of Vulture Street East near the intersection with Withington Street
- installing new pram ramps and upgrading sections of the footpath at the corner of Vulture Street East and Withington Street
- upgrading and installing new stormwater drainage
- resurfacing and line marking.
The project will now enter a defects period, in which Council will work with the Contractor to maintain and manage any defects and minor finishing works. Bus stop #16 on Vulture Street East was re-opened by Transport for Brisbane on 18 June.
Project benefits include:
- improved safety for all road users
- enhanced connectivity and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists
- improved motorist awareness and pedestrian visibility with a formalised crossing facility.
- Early works – January 2021
- Construction – Late April to June 2021.
If you would like more information about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.