Beams Road culvert widening project - Fitzgibbon
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise construction on the missing link along Beams Road, between the intersections of Carselgrove Avenue and Handford Road, is now complete. The works included extending the existing culvert over Cabbage Tree Creek. This creates a dedicated off-road shared path for pedestrians and cyclists.
|Address||Beams Road, Fitzgibbon|
|Project outcomes||Improve safety and accessibility for cyclists and pedestrians|
Download the project plan in your preferred format:
About the project
Council identified the need to provide a shared path facility in this location to improve safety and accessibility for local residents, pedestrians and cyclists travelling through this area.
The new 2.5 metre-wide shared path extends along the northern side of Beams Road between The Big Easy Golf and Leisure Club and the Koobara Aboriginal and Islander Kindergarten. The new path also provides a connection to the existing Cabbage Tree Creek Bikeway on the northern side of Beams Road.
The project involved:
- extending the existing culvert structure that traverses Cabbage Tree Creek
- construct a new 2.5 metre-wide shared path on the northern side of Beams Road, including a new bicycle friendly handrail at the culvert
- reconstructing the driveway entrance to the Koobara Aboriginal and Islander Kindergarten, between the road and the property boundary
- reinstatement of the northern lane of Beams Road along the new shared path
- turfing along the shared path, as required.
Council would like to thank local residents, business and road users for their patience and understanding while these important works were undertaken.
The path improves access and safety for local residents and pedestrians and cyclists who travel through this area.
For more information about the Beams Road culvert widening project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside working hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Beams Road culvert widening project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.