Kangaloon Street pedestrian bridge replacement - Jindalee
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce works to replace the Kangaloon Street pedestrian bridge in Jindalee are now complete. The new bridge connects pedestrians between Kangaloon Street with the Jindalee Recreation Reserve.
|Address||Kangaloon Street, Jindalee|
Improved safety and accessibility for pedestrians.
Replacement of Kangaloon Street pedestrian bridge.
End of construction - October 2019
About the project
The project started in June 2019 and is now complete. Council identified the need to replace the existing timber bridge with a new steel bridge with a concrete deck in order to maintain a safe crossing. The upgrade has enhanced usability for pedestrians with a widened crossing.
Works to replace Kangaloon Street bridge involved :
- replacing the existing timber bridge with a two metre-wide steel bridge with a concrete deck
- upgrading the footpath approaches at either end of the bridge
- associated embankment protection works
- landscaping works.
If you would like further inforamtion about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside working hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Kangaloon Street pedestrian bridge replacement
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.