Mariners Reach Riverwalk rehabilitation - Newstead
Brisbane City Council has successfully completed works to improve the safety and extend the life of the Mariners Reach Riverwalk.
About the project
The Mariners Reach Riverwalk between Newstead Avenue and Evelyn Street, Newstead was identified as requiring works to enhance the life of the riverwalk to ensure it remains safe and serviceable for the benefit of all users.
Works to rehabilitate the riverwalk began in April 2019 and were completed in December 2019.
The Boardwalk Rehabilitation Program is in line with Council's commitment to improving the quality of life for residents while ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
To improve the safety and life of the Mariners Reach Riverwalk, Council undertook work to replace the deck and supporting beams. Council thanks the local community for their patience while these works were undertaken.
In particular, the following work was completed:
- demolition and replacement of existing deck structures and headstock beams.
- repairs to any remaining concrete structures.
- repairs or replacement of any existing timber structural elements.
- demolition and reinstatement of any rock walls along the landward side of the boardwalk where required.
- landside stabilisation works.
- removal, storage and reinstallation of existing balustrades and seating.
- reinstatement of vegetation and planting.
- repairs to some stormwater drainage where necessary.
If you would like to provide comments or find out more about the Mariners Reach Riverwalk Rehabilitation works, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- call Council 30 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the City Projects team
- write to:
Mariners Reach Riverwalk Rehabilitation
City Projects Office
Brisbane City COuncil
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001