Elwyn Street bridge replacement - Northgate
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction to replace the pedestrian bridge at the end of Elwyn Street in Northgate is now complete.
|Address||Elwyn Street, Northgate|
|Project outcomes||Improve creek crossing infrastructure in Northgate Reserve|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
The old creek crossing was nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan and needed to be replaced. The new bridge offers a wider shared pathway for pedestrians and cyclists, has bike-friendly handrails and meets the current standard for public safety.
Works to upgrade the Elwyn Street pedestrian bridge will include:
- removal of the old bridge structure
- installation of a new, upgraded three-metre-wide bridge structure
- protective creek works to enhance the operation of the waterway and prolong the life of the new bridge structure
- landscaping works, lighting and connective to the existing paths.
The new bridge offers a wider, shared path crossing for improved access and safety for the local community.
Construction started at the end of January 2019 and was completed in late July 2019.
For more information about the Elwyn Street bridge replacement project, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours) or Council on 07 3403 8888 after hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Elwyn Street bridge replacement project
Field Services - Story Bridge depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.