Pedestrian safety enhancements for McCullough Street - MacGregor
Brisbane City Council has completed the upgrade of the MacGregor State School drop and go facility along McCullough Street, MacGregor. This upgrade will cater to future demands and improve pedestrian and motorist safety.
|Address||McCullough Street, MacGregor|
|Project outcomes||Improved pedestrian and motorist safety.|
|Latest updates||Construction complete.|
About the project
Council has jointly funded this project with the Queensland Government as part of the Partnering for Safer Schools program.
Works to improve and enhance safety at the drop and go facility involved:
- transforming the existing drop and go into a slip lane into the new drop and go
- creating a new, safer drop and go zone away from the main traffic of McCullough Street directly outside the school’s administration building and D block increasing the drop and go capacity
- installing 15 formalised, angled car parks with line marking and signage
- relocating the existing pedestrian crossing on McCullough Street, west of the new drop and go entry and exit
- modifying the centre median island on McCullough Street
- upgrading the pedestrian footpath around the drop and go zone.
The project created short-term and long-term parking spaces to support the existing and future traffic demands of MacGregor State School, and improves pedestrian and traffic safety.
If you would like to provide feedback, ask questions, or find out more about the MacGregor State School Drop and Go project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of working hours
- email the project team
- write to:
MacGregor State School Drop and Go project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.