Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade – Middle Park
Brisbane City Council has upgraded the Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection in Middle Park to improve traffic efficiency, accessibility and safety for all road users.
The project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to tackle congestion in Brisbane by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
|Address||Riverhills Road and Eumong Street, Middle Park|
|Project outcomes||Improved traffic efficiency and safety for all road users|
|Latest news||Construction 20 May 2019 to late October 2019|
About the project
The intersection at Riverhills Road, Eumong Street and the Park Village shopping centre entrance was identified as a location that required safety improvements to improve traffic flow efficiency and cater for existing and future demands.
This intersection carries approximately 9000 vehicles per day and there have been four recorded crashes from 2013 to 2018 that resulted in either hospitalisation, medical treatment or minor injury.
The project will improve safety and access for vehicles turning at this intersection and help cater for existing and future traffic demands. The installation of a new roundabout will better control vehicle movements through the intersection, and new traffic islands, pedestrian refuges, footpaths and kerb ramps will improve pedestrian and cyclist safety.
The upgrade involved:
- installing a new roundabout
- modifying existing traffic islands on Riverhills Road and installing new pedestrian refuges
- installing new traffic islands on Eumong Street
- road resurfacing and line marking including installing yellow no-stopping lines near the intersection to improve sight lines and traffic flow
- upgrading sections of new footpath and pedestrian kerb ramps
- installing new kerb and channel
- installing new LED street lighting.
- Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade - project plan (PDF - 1.6Mb)
- Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.4Mb)
Construction started on Monday 20 May 2019 and was completed in late October 2019.
If you would like more information about this intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council's 24-hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade project team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.