Widdop Street upgrade - Nundah
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise construction of the Widdop Street upgrade in Nundah is now complete.
|Address||Widdop Street, Nundah|
|Project outcomes||Improved road safety and traffic efficiency for all road users. Now caters for existing and future demands through the intersection.|
End of construction - early December 2019
About the project
This upgrade is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects, to take real action on congestion by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The upgrade improves safety and traffic efficiency for all road users and will cater for the current and future demands through the area.
- installing traffic signals at the intersection of Widdop Street and the Toombul Shopping Centre access road, including a controlled crossing for pedestrians and cyclists using the Kedron Brook Bikeway
- constructing an additional northbound lane on Widdop Street to improve traffic flow
- widening the bridge over Schulz Canal including a new shared path on the western side of the bridge
- banning right turns out of Walkers Way to improve safety
- minor relocation of the northbound bus stop
- resurfacing, new kerb and channel, line marking and landscaping.
The new signalised intersection makes it safer for all road users, including pedestrians and cyclists crossing Widdop Street travelling on the Kedron Brook Bikeway. During the project, Council also identified an opportunity to future improve efficiency for cyclists by installing advance detectors on the Kedron Brook Bikeway. The detectors identify cyclists and activate the signal crossing prior to them stopping at the signals, reducing wait times for cyclists.
Works started in May 2019 and were completed in early December 2019.
Council thanks local residents for their patience and understanding during these important works.
For more information about the Widdop Street upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of working hours)
- email the project team
- write to
Widdop Street upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001