Cambridge Street retaining wall replacement works - Red Hill
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that works to rebuild a 30-metre retaining wall on Cambridge Street, Red Hill are now complete.
|Address||Cambridge Street, Red Hill|
|Project outcomes||Retaining wall replacement works|
|Latest update||Works completed|
About the project
The works to rebuild the retaining wall on Cambridge Street began in early August 2019 and involved:
- replacing the existing stone-pitched wall like-for-like
- removing some vegetation
- removing six mature trees
- replanting the area with native small trees, shrubs and ground coverings
- reinstating the existing steel fence.
The rebuilt wall will maintain the support to the median and upper roadway. The works are part of Council's commitment to protecting and improving the stability and safety of existing infrastructure.
Council thanks the community for their patience and understanding during the works.
If you have any questions about the completed works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Cambridge Street retaining wall replacement works
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.