Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street black spot project - Spring Hill
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that works to upgrade the Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street intersection in Spring Hill are now complete
|Address||Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street, Spring Hill|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety|
|Latest update||Construction completed in October 2019|
About the project
The upgrade improves safety for all road users as part of the 2019-20 Australian Government Black Spot Program.
The Black Spot Program is part of the Australian Government's commitment to reduce crashes on Australian roads and improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures such as roundabouts, traffic signals and upgrades appropriate to each black spot location.
The Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street intersection was identified for these works as it experienced a relatively high crash rate, with 12 crashes at the intersection between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2018, six of which resulted in hospitalisations and six requiring medical treatment. The majority of crashes resulted from right-turn movements from Gregory Terrace into Boundary Street.
The project improved safety of right-turn and through movements.
Works on the intersection started in late September 2019 and were completed in late October 2019 and involved:
- converting existing filtered right turns to fully controlled right turns at both approaches from Gregory Terrace into Boundary Street
- providing additional lanterns for pedestrian safety
- extending the right-turn lane from Gregory Terrace into Boundary Street (Brisbane Grammar School) by removing the existing median
- upgrading pedestrian kerb ramps across Boundary Street on the eastern side of the intersection
- providing additional cycle lane line marking on Gregory Terrace.
If you would like to find out more information about the Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street black spot project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Gregory Terrace and Boundary Street black spot project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.