Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade - Wavell Heights
Brisbane City Council has completed works to upgrade the Newman Road, Main Avenue and Beor Street intersection in Wavell Heights to improve safety for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
|Address||Newman Road and Main Avenue, Wavell Heights|
|Ward||Northgate and Marchant|
Improved safety, access and reduced congestion
End of construction
About the project
Council is pleased to announce construction to upgrade the Newman Road, Main Avenue and Beor Street intersection in Wavell Heights is now complete.
This project was part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The upgrade will improve safety and local access from Main Avenue and Beor Street to Newman Road and provide safe crossing facilities for pedestrians.
The project involved:
- installation of new traffic signals, including controlled pedestrian crossings
- installation of additional lanes on Newman Road
- widening of the existing footpaths
- implementation of part-time parking restrictions
- associated tree removal and landscaping works, including offset planting of 19 mature trees in the local area
- new line marking and pavement works.
Work began in October 2017 and was completed in April 2018.
This project was jointly funded by the Queensland Government through the Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS), and Brisbane City Council.
Council would like to thank residents for their patience and cooperation while works were undertaken.
If you would like to ask questions, or find out more about the Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001