Meadowbank Street Park bridge replacement - Carindale
Brisbane City Council has completed works to replace the Meadowbank Street Park bridge in Carindale.
|Address||Meadowbank Street Park, Carindale|
|Project outcomes||Enhanced usability for pedestrians and cyclists with a widened crossing, provide a modern safe facility and reduce ongoing maintenance costs.|
End of construction
About the project
The new shared bridge connects pedestrians and cyclists between Eromanga Street Park and the Meadowbank Street Park bridge over Bulimba Creek.
The bridge needed to be replaced because it was nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan. The project replaced the bridge with a new bridge that now meets the current standard for public safety.
The upgrade has enhanced usability for pedestrians and cyclists with a widening crossing and has created a high quality, connected and accessible bikeway for residents of Brisbane's eastern suburbs.
The project included:
- removing the old bridge structure
- installation of a new, upgraded 3.1 metre-wide bridge structure with 1.4 metre-high, bike-safe handrails
- protective creek works to enhance the operation of the waterway and prolong the life of the new bridge structure.
Construction started in early January 2019 and was completed in mid-July 2019.
For further information about the Meadowbank Street Park bridge replacement project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Meadowbank Street Park bridge replacement project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.