Current road and intersection projects
Brisbane City Council is building smoother streets and improved road and transport networks. A range of key projects including major road construction and intersection upgrades are helping tackle road congestion. Council is improving access to major transport networks and safety in local areas. By constructing intersections, corridor upgrades and minor road projects, Council is helping residents get home quicker and providing more travel options.
Use this page to find out about Brisbane road and intersection projects under construction. You can also find out about completed road and intersection projects.
If you can't find your project on this page, it might be a stormwater infrastructure project. Find stormwater and drainage projects on our flood resilience projects page.
- 2019-20 road resurfacing program
Council’s 2019-20 road resurfacing program will help make suburban streets smoother, safer and more enjoyable to use every day.
- LED Road Signs program
Reducing the number of accidents and near-misses at know accident hotspots.
- Speed awareness monitors - drive slow for SAM
Promoting safety through driver awareness and reducing speed around busy neighbourhood roads.
- U-turn signage trial
Council is conducting a trial of new U-turn signage at six signalised intersections across Brisbane
- Wildlife awareness monitors
Alerting drivers to the potential presence of wildlife at six key sites.
- Kangaroo Point - Story Bridge restoration
Prolonging the life of the Story Bridge.
- Kangaroo Point - Main Street Boulevard
Creation of a boulevard along iconic Main Street
- Newstead - Commercial Road and Doggett Street intersection upgrade
Increasing safety for all road users.
- West End - Montague Road and Victoria Street intersection upgrade
- Geebung - Murphy Road and Ellison road intersection upgrade
Improving traffic efficiency, reducing congestion and increasing safety for all road users.
- Grange - Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade
Reducing congestion and improving safety.
- Hamilton - Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade
Widening Kingsford Smith Drive from four lanes to six lanes between Theodore Street and Breakfast Creek Road.
- Highgate Hill and West End - Dornoch Terrace safety improvements project
Improving safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
- Runcorn - Beenleigh Road and Nursery Avenue black spot project
- Seventeen Mile Rocks- Monier Road and Bellwood Street intersection upgrade
Improving local access and enhance safety for all road users.
- East Brisbane - Wynnum Road corridor upgrade: stage 1
Improving safety for road users and catering for existing and future traffic demands along this busy corridor.
- Morningside, Norman Park - Wynnum Road corridor upgrade - stage 1b
Improving safety for road users between Canning Bridge and Riding Road, Norman Park.
- Ashgrove - Waterworks Road upgrade (Trout Street to Beth Eden Terrace)
Improving traffic efficiency, reducing congestion and improving safety for all road users.
- Indooroopilly - Moggill Road and Coonan Street intersection upgrade
Future upgrade to improve safety and reduce congestion.
- Indooroopilly - Pedestrian safety enhancements for Moggill Road and Taringa Parade
Improving pedestrian and motorist safety.