Waterworks Road upgrade (Trout Street to Beth Eden Terrace) - Ashgrove
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that construction of the Waterworks Road upgrade at Ashgrove is now complete. The project was undertaken to improve capacity, reduce congestion and improve safety for all road users. This upgrade was part of Council's $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects.
Watch the fly-through video to learn about this project.
Alternatively, you can watch the video and other related videos on Council's YouTube channel.
Read the supporting information for this video.
|Address||Waterworks Road, Ashgrove, between Trout Street and Beth Eden Terrace|
|Project outcomes||Improve traffic efficiency, reduce congestion and improve safety for all road users.|
|Project plans||Download the project documents in your preferred format:|
|Latest update||Construction completed in 2019|
About the project
The project is an outcome of Brisbane City Plan 2014 and aligns with the Brisbane Vision 2031 and Transport Plan for Brisbane 2008-2026 by providing a more efficient route and improved public transport link.
The project was undertaken to improve capacity, reduce congestion and improve safety for all road users. Now complete, road users will benefit from improved traffic efficiency and safety, greater capacity to cater for current and future traffic volumes, and enhanced reliability of travel times.
The project involved:
- widening sections of Waterworks Road between Trout Street and Ashgrove Avenue to provide two through-traffic lanes and a dedicated left-turn lane into Ashgrove Avenue
- providing eight all-day dedicated parking bays on the inbound side of Waterworks Road adjacent to the local shopping precinct
- widening the section of Stewart Road between Waterworks Road and Harry Street to provide an additional right-turn lane into Waterworks Road
- relocating the inbound bus stop in the project area to reduce the impact on traffic flow and improve efficiency
- replacing the indented outbound bus stop between Stewart Road and Ashgrove Avenue with an in-lane outbound bus stop to improve safety
- relocating the inbound and outbound T2 lanes by 150 metres on the eastern side of Ashgrove Avenue
- reinstating kerb and channel
- road resurfacing and line marking
- planting 20 trees.
Benefits of the project include:
- providing a safe and efficient road network by relocating and replacing bus stops along Waterworks Road
- improve traffic flow for road users, by providing an additional right-turn lane from Stewart Road into Waterworks Road, an additional inbound through-traffic lane, and a left-turn lane into Ashgrove Avenue from Waterworks Road
- improve capacity to cater for current and future traffic volumes
- enhance the reliability of travel times for all transport modes.
Stewart Road water main replacement
Council also replaced the water main under Stewart Road, between Waterworks Road and Elimatta Drive. This planned infrastructure upgrade was completed in parallel with the Waterworks Road upgrade, to minimise disruption to local residents.
Works to replace the water main under Stewart Road were completed in September 2019. Activities included excavation, service connections, removal of the old water main and installation of the new piping.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the Waterworks Road upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team during business hours on 1800 010 705
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Waterworks Road upgrade (Trout Street to Beth Eden Terrace) project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.