Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - Grange
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce intersection works at Grange Road and Raymont Road, Grange were completed in late January 2020, with minor works (including landscaping) being undertaken in February 2020.
This project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road projects. The project aims to take real action on congestion, to get residents home quicker and safer.
|Address||Grange Road and Raymont Road, Grange|
|Project outcomes||Improve traffic flow, increase safety for all road users and help cater for future traffic demands|
|Project status||End of construction - late January 2020. Minor works, including landscaping - February 2020.|
About the project
This project is part of Council's $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road projects. The project aims to take real action on congestion, to get residents home quicker and safer.
This upgrade improves traffic flow, increases safety for all road users, and helps cater for future traffic demands along this busy road.
This project is a continuation of the outcomes detailed in the Wilston Grange Transport Study. The study recommended safety and congestion improvements at the intersection.
The project involved:
- installing a dedicated right turn lane (southbound) and left turn lane (northbound) on Grange Road into Raymont Road
- widening Grange Road to make allowance for turning lanes
- upgrading the existing traffic signals on Grange Road and Raymont Road
- installing a new centre traffic island at the intersection on Grange Road, south of Raymont Road
- installing new footpath and access ramps
- line marking and signage
- minor landscaping.
Early works commenced in April 2019, with main construction for the upgrade starting in September 2019. Intersection works were completed in January, with minor works, including landscaping, undertaken in February 2020.
Council thanks local residents, businesses and road users for their patience and understanding while these important works were undertaken.
A total of 23 trees were removed to facilitate the widening of Grange Road as part of the project. This work has now been completed and the vegetation impact will be offset by the planting of 64 new trees in the local area, six of which will be planted within the immediate vicinity of the intersection, in accordance with Council's policies and relevant legislative requirements.
Download the project documents in your preferred format:
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - business case (PDF - 641kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - key findings report (PDF - 440kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - key findings report (Word - 120kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - technical note (PDF - 3.9Mb)
- Wilston Grange Precinct - intersection concept design report (PDF - 13.6Mb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - Noise modelling report (PDF - 8.5Mb).
To find out more about the Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.