Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road intersection - Ransome
Brisbane City Council is undertaking investigation and design work to signalise the Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road intersection at Ransome, to improve safety for all road users.
The intersection has been identified as a location requiring an upgrade due to safety concerns. Five crashes were recorded at the intersection between 2014-18. The project will also improve stormwater drainage at the intersection.
|Address||Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road, Ransome|
|Project outcomes||Reduce traffic congestion and improve road safety|
|Latest news||Investigation and design work has commenced|
About the project
Investigation and design work to signalise the Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road intersection at Ransome has commenced, with detailed design expected to be completed in mid-2020.
To help finalise the detailed design, some investigation works will be required at the intersection of Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road, and these may include potholing within Council's road reserve for the location of services.
The investigation works are expected to be minor in scope and carried out during the day between 7am-5pm, Monday to Saturday, weather permitting. Advance notice of any out-of-hours works will be provided.
Further information about the project will be provided to the local community, as detailed design of the project progresses.
The project is jointly funded by Council and the Australian Government through the Urban Congestion Fund.
Once complete, community benefits include:
- significantly improved safety for road users and pedestrians at the intersection
- reduced congestion for motorists travelling through the intersection
- better connected footpaths, improving pedestrian access for local residents and people travelling through the area.
If you want further information about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- use the online contact form to register for future project updates
- email the project team
- write to:
Rickertt Road and Chelsea Road intersection upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.