Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection upgrade - Inala
Brisbane City Council has upgraded the Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection at Inala to improve safety for all road users.
Works started on 11 February 2019 and were completed in April 2019.
|Address||Parakeet Street and Partridge Street, Inala|
|Project outcomes||Improve safety for all road users|
|Latest update||Construction completed April 2019|
About the project
The Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection upgrade was part of the Australian Government’s 2018-19 Black Spot Program. The program aims to reduce crashes and improve road safety by implementing measures such as road widening, roundabouts and traffic signals appropriate to each black spot location.
This intersection carries approximately 10,000 vehicles per day and recorded five crashes from 2011 to 2018 that resulted in either hospitalisation, medical treatment or minor injury. The majority of crashes were due to drivers failing to obey the give way signs on Parakeet Street.
The intersection upgrade has improved safety by installing a new roundabout to control traffic flow and improve visibility. New traffic islands, kerb build outs and kerb ramps have been installed to improve pedestrian safety.
The upgrade involved:
- installing a new roundabout
- new traffic islands and kerb build outs
- installing new footpaths and kerb ramps
- relocating the bus stop on the western side of Partridge Street approximately 24 metres south to improve safety
- landscaping at the intersection and along Partridge Street
- resurfacing sections of the road surrounding the intersection
- new line marking.
Download the project plan in your preferred format:
- Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection upgrade - project plan (Word - 1Mb)
- Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection upgrade - project plan (PDF - 590kb).
As part of the works, Council identified three trees to be removed to improve visibility and safety as vehicles approach the intersection. This vegetation removal will be offset by the planting of 11 new trees within the local area in accordance with Council’s policies and relevant legislative requirements.
If you would like to find out more about the Parakeet Street and Partridge Street intersection upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during working hours
- phone Council on 3403 8888 after hours
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.