Donaldson Road bridge resurfacing works, Rocklea
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce resurfacing works along Donaldson Road, Rocklea between Dunn Road and Banting Street. The surfacing works will be commencing on Friday, 19 February 2021, weather and constructions conditions permitting.
|Address||Donaldson Road Rocklea between Dunn Road and Banting Street|
|Project outcomes||To ensure the ongoing safety of the structure|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
These works will include:
- Preparation works including the removal of the asphalt across the length of the bridge structure and the preparation of the concrete deck surface to allow the adhesion of the tack coat and the waterproof membrane
- Application of the bitumen tack coating, waterproofing sealing, followed by the new asphalt pavement surface
- Road closure with the use of traffic control and diversion signage between Dunn Road and Banting Street, Rocklea
- Reinstatement of line marking.
Continuous day and night shift works are required for the resurfacing works, which will occur over the following two weekends, weather and construction conditions permitting:
The first weekend: 7pm on Friday 19 February through to 5am on Monday 22 February
The second weekend: 7pm on Friday 26 February through to 5am on Monday 1 March
A contingency weekend is planned for Friday 5 March 2021 until Monday 8 March 2021 should works be affected by weather and or construction conditions.
Impacts during works
Construction noise and impacts
Nearby residents and businesses may experience some temporary inconveniences during resurfacing works which may include:
- Noise and dust from construction equipment
- Low levels of vibration and increased lighting
- No through traffic during the programmed work
- Detours around the limits of the project.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible.
Traffic control and signage will be in place to direct motorist and pedestrians. Motorists may experience some traffic delays as local detours will be required during the work.
A designated detour route for motorists has been established for the road resurfacing works on Donaldson Road between Dunn Road and Banting Street, Rocklea.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these important maintenance works are undertaken.
For more information about the Donaldson Road bridge resurfacing works you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001