Construction activities at the Brisbane CBD site in May 2022 will include:
- traffic sign installation on Edward Street
- land piling.
What to expect
- noise associated with the use of equipment, machinery such as excavators, cranes, drill rigs, concrete pumps and trucks
- some out-of-hours deliveries of oversized piling equipment
- low levels of vibration
- the use of barges on the river
- an increase in workers, construction vehicles and deliveries to the CBD site
- traffic control and signage to direct pedestrians, cyclists, scooter riders and motorists as required.
Works will generally be undertaken from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturdays.
Some out-of-hours works will be required during May 2022 and will include:
- Delivery of piling equipment to the project site by oversized vehicle to be undertaken between 4am–6am on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 May 2022.
- Hydro excavation and installation of traffic control signs on Edward Street will be undertaken between 7pm–5am on Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11 May 2022.
In the event of bad weather, works will be rescheduled to occur the following week.
Marine-based construction activity
Piling and drilling for the new bridge foundations will recommence in the Brisbane River closer to the CBD in June 2022.
Piling can result in increased levels of noise and vibration. More information about marine-based construction can be found on the Kangaroo Point Green Bridge construction page.
Working with the community
Council and Connect Brisbane is committed to minimising impacts on local residents and businesses during construction of the Kangaroo Point Green Bridge and we look forward to working with you throughout the project.
For more information about these works, contact Connect Brisbane by:
- calling 1800 864 221 (during business hours), or
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.