Ashgrove Avenue road resurfacing works
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce resurfacing works along Ashgrove Road, Ashgrove at the intersection of Ashgrove Avenue and Enoggera Road. The resurfacing works will be commencing on Friday, 7 May 2021, 7pm weather and construction conditions permitting.
|Address||Ashgrove Avenue, Ashgrove|
|Ward||The Gap Ward|
|Project outcomes||To ensure the ongoing safety of the structure|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
Resurfacing works include:
- preparation works including removal of the asphalt across the length of the bridge structure and the preparation of the concrete deck surface to allow the adhesion of the tack coat and the waterproof membrane
- application of a bitumen tack coating, waterproofing sealing, followed by the new asphalt pavement service
- one side of the pedestrian footpath will be closed on Ashgrove Avenue bridge, however access will be maintained at all times along Ashgrove Avenue bridge
- reinstatement of line marking
- road closure with the use of traffic control and diversion signage on Ashgrove Avenue, Kelvin Grove and Windsor Road.
Download the Ashgrove Avenue resurfacing detour map (Word - 385kb).
Continuous day and night shift works are required for the resurfacing works, which will occur over two weekends:
- Friday, 7 May, 7pm through to Monday, 10 May 5am
- Friday, 14 May, 7pm through to Monday, 17 May 5am
A contingency weekend is planned for Friday, 21 May, 7pm through to Monday, 24 May, 5am, should works be affected by weather and or construction conditions.
Impacts during works
Construction noise and impacts
Nearby residents and businesses may experience some temporary inconveniences during resurfacing works which may include:
- noise and dust from construction equipment
- low levels of vibration and increased lighting
- no through traffic during the programmed work
- detours around the limits of the project
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible.
Traffic control and signage will be in place to direct motorists and pedestrians. Motorists may experience some traffic delays as local detours will be required during the work.
A designated detour route for motorists has been established for road resurfacing works along Windsor Road as per the detour map.
Vehicle access to 76 Enoggera Road, Newmarket (Newmarket 7 Day Medical Centre)
There will be no entry to Newmarket 7 Day Medical Centre via Ashgrove Avenue. Motorist will be advised to travel down Enoggera Road (City bound) and turn right at the traffic signals onto Davidson Street, first into Free Street, then first left into Thurlow Street, and then left onto Enoggera Road.
For details you can download the:
During the road resurfacing works, pedestrian access will be maintained at all times on the Ashgrove Avenue bridge, with one side open at all times. Please follow the direction of traffic control and signage.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these important maintenance works are undertaken.
For more information about the Ashgrove Avenue road resurfacing works you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
BRISBANE QLD 4001