Bridge rail replacement works – Curtin Avenue East, Pinkenba
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the bridge rail replacement works along Curtin Avenue East at Pinkenba will commence mid-January 2021, weather and construction conditions permitting.
|Address||Curtin Avenue East, Pinkenba|
|Project outcomes||To ensure the ongoing safety of the structure|
Start of construction
Download the project map:
About the works
The replacement works will include:
- removal and replacement of the existing bridge railing and mesh fences
- trimming of trees to allow access for crane operations and access
- installation of new aluminium balustrade
- hydro-demolition and replacement of the existing concrete kerb.
The project is expected to be completed by early March 2021, weather and construction conditions permitting. Works will generally be undertaken between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday, however some works may also be required between 7am and 5pm on Saturdays.
The timing of some construction activities will be affected by the requirement of works to be completed during appropriate tidal conditions.
Impacts during works
Nearby residents and businesses may experience some temporary impacts during the bridge replacement works which may include dust and noise associated with the works.
Traffic impacts may include:
- lane closures with the use of traffic control, with only one lane open to traffic between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- traffic delays of a minimum of 15 minutes to allow for construction deliveries and safe crane operations, as required
- reduced speed limit of 40km/h for the safety of motorist and workers for the duration of the works.
Traffic controllers and signage will be in place to direct motorist and pedestrians. Motorist may experience some traffic delays during these works.
Please note; motorist should observe digital road signs for updates and follow the direction of traffic control.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these important maintenance works are undertaken.
For more information about the bridge rail replacement works, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.