Brookfield Road resurfacing works
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce resurfacing works along Brookfield Road, Kenmore Hills between Boscombe Road and Jacaranda Avenue. The surfacing works will be commencing Friday, 12 March 2021, 7pm, weather and construction conditions permitting.
|Address||Brookfield Road, Kenmore Hills|
|Project outcomes||To ensure the ongoing safety of the structure|
|Latest updates||Start of construction|
Resurfacing works include:
- preparation works include removal of the asphalt across the length of the bridge structure and the preparation of the concrete deck surface to allow the adhesion of the tack coat and the waterproof membrane
- application of bitumen tack coating, waterproof sealing, followed by the new asphalt pavement surface
- reinstatement of line making
- road closure with the use of traffic control and diversion signage on Brookfield Road between Boscombe Road and Jacaranda Avenue
- bus route 435 that operates on Saturday and Sunday between 9:30am-5:30pm will have four stops disrupted.
Download the Brookfield Road resurfacing detour map (Word - 2.9Mb).
The following affected four stops are for the Saturday and Sunday service between 9:30am-5:30pm only, are the following:
- Rafting Ground Road at Rafting Ground West
- Brookfield Road at Brookfield Stop 47
- Brookfield Road at Boscombe Road stop 45
- Brookfield Road at Jacaranda Avenue, Kenmore Hills Stop 43
Continuous day and night shift works are required for the resurfacing works, which will occur from Friday, 12 March 7pm through to Monday, 15 March at 5am, weather and construction conditions permitting.
A contingency weekend is planned for Friday, 19 March 2021 until Monday, 22 March 2021, should works be affected by weather and or construction conditions.
Nearby residents and businesses may experience temporary inconveniences during resurfacing works which may include:
- noise and dust from construction equipment
- low level of vibration and increased lighting
- no through traffic during the programmed work
- detours around the limits of the project.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much possible.
Traffic control and signage will be in place to direct motorist and pedestrians. Motorists may experience some traffic delays as local detours will be required during the work.
A designated detour route for motorists has been established for the road resurfacing works along Brookfield Road, Kenmore Hills between Boscombe Road and Jacaranda Avenue.
Temporary changes to bus route 435
During these road resurfacing works bus route 435 will be temporarily disrupted on the Saturday and Sunday service between 9:30am-5:30pm.
Please allow for extra travel time during these works. For more information about this service, please contact TransLink 13 12 30.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these important maintenance works are undertaken.
For more information about the Brookfield Road resurfacing project, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
BRISBANE QLD 4001.