Dorville Road improvements project - Carseldine
Brisbane City Council is planning to upgrade a section of Dorville Road at Carseldine near Cabbage Tree Creek to formalise the eastern road edge with new kerb and channel, and the existing informal off road parking through the installation of a new parking lane.
|Address||Dorville Road Carseldine|
|Project outcomes||Formalise road shoulder and safety|
About the project
The Dorville Road improvements project is an initiative of the Australian Government and is funded under the Local Road and Community Infrastructure grant program.
The project will include:
- widening Dorville Road to provide a new on road parking lane between Cabbage Tree Creek and the Kingfisher Recycling Centre
- formalising the road edge with new kerb and channel
- replacing a 150-metre section of footpath on the eastern side of Dorville Road
- resurfacing the road between Cabbage Tree Creek and the Kingfisher Recycling Centre
- road line marking, landscaping and turf.
Please refer to the project plan for more information.
Council has identified one large tree which needs to be removed as part of the project. The tree is located within the road reserve on the eastern side of Dorville Road and is being removed to facilitate the construction of the new footpath and parking lane. Tree removal will be undertaken in consultation with a Council arborist and all works will be undertaken in accordance with Council’s offset policies and legislative requirements.
All works will be carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental guidelines and Council will make every effort to minimise environmental impacts during construction.
These works are scheduled to commence from mid-2021 and will take approximately eight (8) weeks to complete, weather and site conditions permitting.
Further information, including dates and impacts will be provided to the community closer to the start of construction.
If you would like to find out more about the Dorville Road improvements project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Dorville Road improvements project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.