Fitzgibbon Chase roundabout upgrades - Fitzgibbon
Brisbane City Council has completed an upgrade to two roundabouts within the Fitzgibbon Chase residential estate.
|Address||Fitzgibbon Chase, Fitzgibbon|
|Project outcomes||Improve visibility, crossing facilities and drainage systems for the safety of pedestrians and other road users|
End of construction - September 2020
About the project
Works to upgrade two roundabouts within the Fitzgibbon Chase residential estate are now complete.
The two roundabouts in Fitzgibbon at the intersection of Roghan Road, Warrumbungle Parade and Flinders Circuit and at the intersection of Norris Road, Mount Kaputar Avenue, Otway Circuit were identified for upgrades to improve visibility, pedestrian crossing facilities and drainage systems for the safety of all road users.
Works at each roundabout were undertaken consecutively and are now complete.
Works at each roundabout involved:
- installation of an improved drainage system
- installation of new kerb ramps and traffic islands to provide protection for pedestrians
- upgrades to existing crossing points to improve pedestrian visibility and safety
- removal of hard landscaping features from within the roundabout
- replacement of roundabout vegetation.
To facilitate the upgrade works, Council identified vegetation within the roundabout structure that required removal. All work was carried out in accordance with relevant environmental guidelines and Council made every effort to minimise environmental impacts during the works. Vegetation impacts were offset in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislative requirements.
Council would like to thank local residents and businesses for their patience during these works.
If you would like to provide comments or find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after business hours)
- email the team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.