Fitzgibbon Chase roundabout upgrades - Fitzgibbon
Brisbane City Council has identified the need to upgrade two roundabouts within the Fitzgibbon Chase residential estate.
|Address||Fitzgibbon Chase, Fitzgibbon|
|Project outcomes||Improve visibility, crossing facilities and drainage systems for the safety of pedestrians and other road users|
Start of construction
About the project
Works to upgrade two roundabouts within the Fitzgibbon Chase residential estate will start from early June 2020, weather and site conditions permitting.
The two roundabouts in Fitzgibbon at the intersection of Roghan Road, Warrumbungle Parade and Flinders Circuit and at the intersection of Norris Road, Mount Kaputar Avenue, Otway Circuit have been identified for upgrades to improve visibility, pedestrian crossing facilities and drainage systems for the safety of all road users.
Works at each roundabout will be undertaken consecutively and are expected to take approximately four weeks each to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Works at each roundabout will generally involve:
- installation of an improved drainage system
- installation of new kerb ramps and traffic islands to provide protection for pedestrians
- upgrades to existing crossing points to improve pedestrian visibility and safety
- removal of hard landscaping features from within the roundabout
- replacement of roundabout vegetation.
- Roghan Road, Warrumbungle Parade and Flinders Circuit intersection project plan (PDF - 1.36Mb)
- Roghan Road, Warrumbungle Parade and Flinders Circuit intersection project plan (Word - 1.14Mb)
- Norris Road, Mount Kaputar Avenue and Otway Circuit intersection (PDF - 1.3Mb)
- Norris Road, Mount Kaputar Avenue and Otway Circuit intersection (Word - 1.32Mb).
To facilitate the upgrade works, Council has identified vegetation within the roundabout structure that requires removal. All work will be carried out in accordance with relevant environmental guidelines and Council will make every effort to minimise environmental impacts during the works. Vegetation impacts will be offset in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislative requirements.
Impacts during construction
Works will generally be undertaken between the hours of 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Some weekend works may be required when traffic volumes are lowest and to ensure the safety of road users and workers. Should weekend works be required, Council will provide advance notice to the local community.
Temporary partial lane closures will be required during construction. Traffic controllers and signage will be onsite to direct all road users, including pedestrians and cyclists, through the worksite safely.
Local residents and businesses in close proximity to the site may experience low levels of vibration and dust, as well as general construction noise including intermittent saw cutting. For the safety of workers onsite, reversing lights and indicators cannot be switched off.
Every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the local community during these works. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience these works may cause and appreciate your patience while these important works are completed.
If you would like to provide comments or find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after business hours)
- email the team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.