Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project – Forest Lake
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street intersection upgrade, as part of the Australian Government’s 2022-23 Black Spot Program, is now complete.
|Address||Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street, Forest Lake|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety|
End of construction
About the project
The Australian Government’s Black Spot Program is part of the National Road Safety Strategy, which aims to improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures at each black spot location to reduce the risk of crashes.
Between 2015 and 2021 there were eight reported crashes at the Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street intersection, seven of which resulted in medical treatment or hospitalisation. High traffic volumes, extended wait times and poor sightlines of vehicles travelling on Forest Lake Boulevard contributed to motorists misjudging safe gaps in the traffic when exiting from Rudyard Street on to Forest Lake Boulevard.
- Improve safety for all road users by installing traffic signals at the intersection to control all movements and enhance pedestrian protection.
- Enhance access and connectivity for people walking and riding at the intersection by upgrading the footpaths and installing signalised pedestrian facilities.
- Improve intersection operation by installing traffic signals and adapting signal phasing in response to the traffic conditions.
We have installed traffic lights at the intersection with pedestrian crossing facilities to improve safety for all road users, enhance the overall operation of the intersection and improve connectivity for people walking and riding through the area. Below is a summary of the works undertaken as part of the project.
- Installed traffic lights at the intersection with pedestrian crossing facilities.
- Modified the centre medians on Forest Lake Boulevard.
- Installed bike ramps to improve cycling connectivity.
- Upgraded lighting throughout the intersection.
- Installed new road pavement, signage and line marking.
- Project introduction – November 2022
- Start of construction – January 2023
- End of construction – May 2023
- Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project plan (PDF - 1.47Mb)
- Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project plan (Word - 1.22Mb)
- Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project newsletter (PDF - 1.46Mb)
- Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project newsletter (Word - 1.24Mb)
If you would like to find out more about the Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
- Forest Lake Boulevard and Rudyard Street black spot project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.