Hamilton Road Rock Slope Stabilisation Works
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that works to stabilise a rock slope located at 82 Hamilton Road, at the intersection of Hamilton Road and Ennor Street, Wavell Heights are now complete.
|Address||Rock slope wall on Hamilton Road, on the intersection of Hamilton Road and Ennor Street, Wavell Heights|
|Project outcomes||Protecting and improving the stability and safety of the existing rock slope wall|
|Latest update||End of construction February 2021|
About the project
Brisbane City Council undertook works to stabilise a rock slope located at 82 Hamilton Road, at the intersection of Hamilton Road and Ennor Street, Wavell Heights. Works commenced in mid-December 2020. Council is pleased to announce that the works are now complete.
The project included:
- excavation and removal of loose material and debris
- construction of a stone-pitched wall to the slope section along Hamilton Road
- installation of shotcrete protection (sprayed concrete) to a section of the rock slope located on Ennor Street
- colouring and sculpting the shotcrete to match surrounding the rock face.
The works were undertaken in two parts, with initial works completed on Ennor St and the final works completed on the Hamilton Road portion of the slope.
Council would like to thank local residents and businesses for their patience whilst these vital works were undertaken.
This rock cut face stabilisation project is part of Council’s commitment to protecting and improving the stability and safety of existing infrastructure around Brisbane.
If you find out more about the completed Hamilton Road stabilisation works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Hamilton Road retaining wall stabilisation works
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.