Hoyland Street upgrade (Kluver Street to Bracken Ridge Road) - Bracken Ridge
Brisbane City Council has upgraded Hoyland Street between Kluver Street and Bracken Ridge Road at Bracken Ridge.
|Address||Hoyland Street (Kluver Street to Bracken Ridge Road), Bracken Ridge|
|Project outcomes||Improve safety, network reliability and pedestrian and cyclist connectivity|
End of construction
About the project
Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Hoyland Street upgrade, between Kluver Street and Bracken Ridge Road at Bracken Ridge is now complete. Construction started in early January 2021 and works were successfully completed five months ahead of schedule in August 2021. Additionally, the project has been completed within budget.
This project was jointly funded by Council’s Better Roads for Brisbane program, and the Australian Government’s Urban Congestion Fund. The project forms part of a joint $500 million commitment to deliver congestion-busting projects and safety improvements across Brisbane.
This upgrade involved widening a 900m section of Hoyland Street (between Kluver Street and Bracken Ridge Road) from two lanes (one each way) to four lanes (two each way) to tie in with the Bracken Ridge Road, Hoyland Street and Strathpine Road corridor.
This upgrade improves safety for all road users as well as improving the road network efficiency.
The project will now enter a defects period, in which Council will work with the Contractor to maintain and manage any defects and minor works such as landscaping as well as demobilising the site compound.
The project involved:
- increasing Hoyland Street, between Kluver Street and Bracken Ridge Road, from the current two-lane configuration to four lanes (two lanes in each direction)
- installing approximately 800 metres of guardrail along the corridor
- removing approximately 200 street trees with an offset planting of approximately 400 trees within the project vicinity and local area
- upgrading the street lighting to LED along the corridor
- landscaping reinstatement
- road resurfacing and line marking.
Pedestrian and cycling facilities at the Kluver Street and Hoyland Street intersection were improved by extending the traffic signal coverage to provide traffic signal protection at the existing northern and eastern left-slip lanes. These changes will improve connectivity to already established active transport facilities along the Hoyland Street corridor.
Other projects in the area
Other projects in the area
Council’s Hoyland Street upgrade project complements the Gympie Arterial Road and Strathpine Road interchange upgrade that is currently being delivered by the Queensland and Australian governments. Construction of this project commenced in March 2021. More information about the Gympie Arterial Road and Strathpine Road interchange upgrade can be found on the Department of Transport and Main Roads website.
If you have any questions about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 870 437 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- email the project team
- use the online contact form to register for future project updates
- write to:
Hoyland Street upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.