Pedestrian safety enhancements for Moggill Road and Taringa Parade - Indooroopilly
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the Indooroopilly State School Drop and Go zone along Taringa Parade, Indooroopilly (at the intersection with Moggill Road) is now operational. The upgrade works have improved pedestrian and motorist safety.
|Address||Taringa Parade, Indooroopilly|
|Project outcomes||Improved pedestrian and motorist safety|
Drop and go zone is now operational
About the project
The drop and go zone is now operational.
Council has delivered the project. The Australian government funded the project through the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
The project addressed the need to improve motorist and pedestrian safety for peak drop off and pick up periods at Indooroopilly State School. This included the drop and go zone along Taringa Parade.
The upgrade included the following improvements:
- increased the drop and go capacity from seven to 18 vehicles
- installation of a wombat crossing with a centre refuge
- upgrading of the pedestrian footpath and landscaping works
- installation of two shade shelters for student pick up and drop off
- improvements to the existing crossing facility at Woodville Street and Moggill Road.
The works included constructing a new traffic island to ensure safe traffic movements. The island will separate the drop and go zone from traffic and provide a left-turn only exit.
- Pedestrian safety enhancements project plan (PDF - 1.1Mb)
- Pedestrian safety enhancements project plan (Word - 1.3Mb).
For queries, feedback or more information you can:
- phone the project team during working hours on 1800 669 416
- phone Council outside of working hours on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
- Pedestrian safety and enhancements for Moggill Road and Taringa Parade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.